About the CIC
Reading-Berks Association of REALTORS® Commercial & Industrial Council (CIC)
The CIC is an organization that provides for the education, exchange of information, mutual cooperation and fellowship for those REALTORS® and associate members engaged in buying, selling, leasing, exchanging, managing and appraising land and buildings to general industry and business. Membership in the CIC is available to REALTORS® or Affiliated Members in good standing with the Reading-Berks Association of REALTORS®, Inc.
Mission Statement: The Reading-Berks Commercial & Industrial Council (CIC) is a division of the Reading-Berks Association of Realtors®, Inc. and comprised of licensed Realtors® dealing primarily with commercial transactions. These transactions take on many forms and cover a wide range of activities, from finding a small office to lease for a start-up business to marketing and selling a signature office building or industrial complex for a large-scale company.
- CIC members are licensed Realtors® in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. As a result they can help companies and individuals find or sell a location anywhere in the state, but generally concentrate their services in Berks County. Using tools of the trade, they can market the properties they list nationwide, thereby bringing interested parties from all over the country to the table on their client’s behalf.
- CIC members have the contacts to bring buyers and sellers together, the negotiation skills to expedite the transaction, the knowledge to know when
to bring in other professionals (e.g. environmental specialists, financial advisors, etc.), and the experience to ensure everything gets done right to facilitate
the desired purchase or sale. In fact, CIC members are some of the most experienced real estate persons in Berks County, able to count the time they
have been involved in commercial real estate not in years, but in decades.
- The next time you are going to be involved in a commercial real estate transaction, remember that a CIC member can help you with everything from leasing a small storefront, to locating a viable investment property, to acquiring a historic office building for refurbishing, to finding a site for building a state-of-the-art industrial plant.
- To benefit from the expertise a CIC member can offer you (and your company), make certain that your first call is to one of the CIC professionals to ensure that you are represented by the best in the business.
- The CIC members meet monthly to discuss various commercial and industrial opportunities in the area and for professional training and development.