- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 ripe nectarines
- canola oil
- 8 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Honey and sea salt for finishing
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Brush the peach and nectarines halves with a touch of oil and place on the grill for a few minutes and then rotate 90 degrees to continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes total until grill marks appear and the fruit starts to caramelize.
- Remove from the grill with a pair of tongs and serve with a scoop of ice cream in the center of the fruit. Drizzle with honey and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
If you are looking for a premium quality Berks County ice cream to eat with your Berks County peaches, click here for a listing of local creameries!
1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
1 cup milk
Heat oven to 375°F.
Stir together Bisquick™ mix, milk and nutmeg in ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Stir in butter until blended. Stir together sugar and peaches; spoon over batter.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden.
(swiped from www.mygourmetconnection.com
This classic Italian cocktail is a simple blend of fresh peach purée and chilled Prosecco.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Drinks
- 2 tablespoons peach purée (preferably white peach, see notes)
- 4 ounces Prosecco
- Place the peach purée in the bottom of a Champagne flute and top with the Prosecco. (We are all about Berks County products here, so, while not technically a true Prosecco, we encourage you to mix this drink with the award winning Blanc de Blanc from Pinnacle Ridge Winery in Kutztown, PA) Stir very gently and serve immediately.
To make peach purée:
Place slices of peeled, chopped peach in the work bowl of a food processor, process until smooth and strain through a fine mesh strainer.
You can substitute peach nectar in a pinch.
Bobby Flay's Whiskey Spiked Peach Iced Tea
(pilfered from www.foodnetwork.com)
1 quart cold water
6 black tea bags
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups peach nectar
Your favorite whiskey (Bobby recommends Jack Daniels, but we vote for the small batch whiskey from Manatawney Still Works!)
Fresh peach slices, for garnish
Mint sprigs, for garnish
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from the heat, add tea bags, and let steep 5 minutes.
Remove tea bags and stir in sugar until dissolved.
Transfer to a pitcher, add peach nectar, and stir to combine.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Fill tall glasses with ice and then pour peach tea over, leaving some room at the top for the whiskey.
Stir in 1 shot of whiskey to each glass and garnish with a peach slice and fresh mint.