Welcome incoming 2019 R-BAR President, Mark Mohn and the 2019 Board of Directors on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at the Reading Public Museum at our Annual Installation Event. Doors open at 5PM. Event features art, music, cocktails, and hors d' oeuvres. Cost to attend is $20 per member, $25 fee for non-members....more
Calibrate your conversion NOW and learn everything you can about the new MLS platform to reduce bumps in your business and keep your productivity rolling!!!...more
Join us at our Annual Holiday Luncheon which will take place on Friday, December 14, 2018 at the Crowne Plaza, Wyomissing, PA. Doors open at 11:30am, the event features a lunch buffet, music and a mesmerizing performance by David Mesmer, comedy hypnotist, that you don't want to miss....more
Angel Tree Gifts due back
TYSK: December Opioid Crisis
CANCELED: Outreach Committee Meeting
Education Committee Meeting
Government Affairs Committee Meeting
Earlier this fall, I had the pleasure of welcoming our newest staff member to R-BAR. John Savant joined us as the new Director of Government and Community Affairs. You have probably saw an email or two from him by now, but let me formally introduce you to him now. John will serve as the association's lobbyist and chief strategist for issues related to the county, school districts and local municipal governments.
“I'm very excited to step into this role,” John said. “Advocating on behalf of Realtors, and fostering a strong partnership between Realtors and their locally-elected officials, will not only help R-BAR's membership but will strengthen and improve local communities across Berks County.” John will be responsible for leading the local legislative advocacy efforts of the association as well as increasing contributions and awareness of the Realtors' Political Action Committee. John is a graduate of Penn State with a bachelor's degree in political science and he lives in Alburtis. I can’t wait to see what he achieves for our association and I look forward to working with him to advocate our interests to all levels of government.
Hi, my name is Merlin Weaver and I am a REALTOR®. For many, the Code of Ethics training is due by the end of 2018. However, for ALL of us as REALTORS® it’s our duty to abide by and uphold them with the highest regard.
As a real estate professional, laws and regulations set the minimum standards I owe to my clients, customers, and the public. In that regard, my duties are the same as other practitioners.
As a REALTOR®, I embrace and I am bound by the duties spelled out in the REALTOR® code of ethics. In addition to the duties owed to my clients and customers, to the public, and to other REALTORS®, I strive for the aspirational goals of the Preamble, knowing that the term REALTOR® stands for competency, fairness and integrity.
I believe in the value of the land. I understand the importance of adequate housing, functioning, livable cities, productive industries and farms and a healthful environment, and their role in nurturing a free society in the United States and internationally.
As a real estate professional I may be required to meet ongoing education requirements to maintain a license certification or designation. As a REALTOR®, I continuously enhance my grasp of issues affecting real estate, and I willingly share my experience and expertise with other professionals. My dedication to the satisfaction of my clients’ best interests is my primary goal.
Understanding that the pursuit of knowledge continues lifelong, as a REALTOR® I will strive to achieve excellence in the following competencies:
● Being current and knowledgeable about the laws, regulations, and legislation affecting the real estate disciplines i engage in, and about real estate in my community generally.
● Understanding the code of ethics is a living document, and keeping myself informed about its duties and obligations on an ongoing basis.
● Providing equal professional services to all consistent with Article 10 of the Code of Ethics.
● Advocating for property ownership rights in my community, state and nation.
● Acknowledging and valuing that honesty and integrity are fundamental and essential to REALTORS® being known as consumers’ trusted advisers.
● Becoming and remaining proficient in the use of technology tolls to provide the highest levels of service to clients, customers and the public, and facilitating cooperation by sharing accurate, current information with consumers and with other real estate professionals.
● Keeping up-to-date on laws and regulations governing data privacy and data security and taking necessary and appropriate steps to safeguard the privacy and integrity of information entrusted to me.
● Committing myself to enhancing my knowledge and skills in the real estate areas of practice I engage in on an ongoing basis.
● Providing superior customer service
● Appreciating that courtesy, timely communication and cooperation are fundamental to facilitating successful real estate transactions, and to building and maintaining an impeccable professional reputation.
It's been a honor to serve as your 2018 President and this is my Commitment To Excellence. To join me in making the same pledge, go to www.C2EX.Realtor.
“If real estate is your career, ethics and professionalism is your business!”